Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MS Bike Tour Event


Dear friends,

I am raising money again this year for the National MS Society. By now, most of you know that I have been doing this for several years and this will be the 5th year of sponsoring a team from NCSSM. Following last year's event, we had raised over $42,000 in the 4 years of team sponsorship at NCSSM. I am, obviously, very proud of that number. This cause is one that is near to my heart as my wife, Barbra, was diagnosed with MS in 1997, shortly after my oldest son, Matt was born. Since that time, her health has really been fantastic and we have been blessed with 2 more healthy boys. Barbra has truly been the beneficiary of the dollars that have been raised for MS research and has had great success with the medications that are available today as a result of that research.

This year, due to a schedule conflict between the MS Society rides in New Bern and Tanglewood and our NCSSM Family Day, I decided to organize and run our own MS bike Tour Event at NCSSM. It will be on September 19-20 and will involve a ride from NCSSM to Spruce Pine Lodge, in Bahama, NC. We will have bike routes of 25, 50, and 75 miles for our riders on Saturday, camp out overnight, and return to NCSSM on Sunday morning. Several local businesses are helping us out with supplies and funding. For example, I just had an exciting meeting with the folks at Whole Foods. They are excited about our event and really stepping up to help us out.

Please consider sponsoring me and making a donation to the National MS Society through me. It is really easy to do on-line.


For those of you around the Triangle, if you would like to volunteer that weekend or ride in the event, we have a spot for you, too. In addition, we will be sponsoring a bike safety course on the first morning of the the event. Families are welcoe to attend that as well. Just drop me a note and I'll give you more information.

I truly appreciate your friendship and support. So many of you have contributed to this cause over the years and it means so much to me. Thanks for all that you do and thanks for considering supporting me and the National MS Society again this year!
Sincerely,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment