To the 2011-2012 NCSSM Orchestra:
Welcome to Orchestra at NCSSM. This is a fantastic community of musicians and scholars and I know that you will have a great time as part of this performing ensemble.
Here are all of the performance dates that you may need for the upcoming school year.
Please share this URL with you family and friends back home. I use my blog for sharing a variety of ideas and concepts that may not make it into our regular class time. I hope that you will get in the habit of checking it regularly.
Best wishes for a magnificent academic year!!
NCSSM Orchestra Dates to Remember:
• Family Day Musical Performances September 10, 2011
• Alienor Harpsichord Event (Fine Arts Series) October 2, 2011 (End of Extended Weekend)
• Gwyneth Walker Residency – Mallarme Chamber Players
o Masterclass with NCSSM Strings, October 20-23
• Fall Orchestra and Chorale Pops Concert, October 30, 2011 2:00 PM
NC Honors Orchestra, Nov. 11-14
• Concerto Concert Auditions, November 28-29, after school ETC 140
• Nutcracker Dance Performance (Dance ensemble and Orchestra) Friday, December 9, 2011, 7:00
• Masterworks Concert, featuring NCSSM Orchestra and Chorale with Blacknall Church Choir
Feb 3, 4
o February 3, NCSSM, 7:00 PM
o February 4, 7:00 PM, Blacknall Church
• Student Art Exhibit, Opening: February 3, 6:00 – 7:00 PM
o Exhibit runs Feb 4-March 4
o Potential collaboration with Student Life (New World?)
• Winter Musical February 10-12, 2012
o 7:00 Show on Friday and Saturday
o 3:00 Show on Sunday
• Eastern Regional Orchestra, Feb 24-26, Concert: Feb 26, 3:00, NCSSM Host
• NCSSM Annual Concerto Concert, May 11, 2012, 7:00 pm
• NCSSM Chamber Music Recital – May 25, 2012, 9:00PM
Feb 20-28: Mini-term
April 6-15 Spring Break/Easter
April 21: Prom
May 19-21 Extended Weekend
May 26-28 Exams and Memorial Day weekend (everywhere but NCSSM…)
June 2: Commencement