Today is the first day of class and I want you all to know that my blog is a great way for you to get a feel for me as a musician and teacher. I post essays regarding repertoire, practice, philosophy, attitudes, etc. throughout the school year.
Important dates for the 2014-2015 school year include:
- Family Day Musical Performances September 20, 2014
- Fall Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and Chorale Concerts, October 19, 2014 2:00 PM
- UNC Charlotte Orchestra Performance at NCSSM, October 19, 7:00 PM
- Holiday Dance Performance (Dance ensemble and Orchestra) Friday, December 12, 2014 (Selections from Nutcracker)
- ERO Auditions, January 17, 2015 (All Day)
- Masterworks Concert, featuring NCSSM Orchestra and Chorale with Blacknall Church, Feb 13,14,15, 2015
- Eastern Regional Orchestra, Feb 20-22, 2015 Concert: Feb 22, 3:00, NCSSM Host
- NCSSM Annual Concerto Concert, May 15, 2015, 7:00 PM
It is going to be a great year. Welcome to the NCSSM Orchestra!