Saturday, May 16, 2009

End of school year

Hi all -
I have to admit, I have been feeling pretty guilty lately about not posting much to the my blog. It's not that I don't want to post. Or that I don't think about it. Really, I just haven't had much to say. So, I have been thinking about it a fair amount and I have come to the conclusion that this is natural and I shouldn't fight it.

Let's look at the facts. We have been pushing hard all school-year. we have opened up school, met a whole new slew of students, put on a variety of performances, prepared a ton of music, dealt with the standard issues that come with every school year, seen budgets cut, seen a state employee furlough enacted, watched health care costs rise, sat on boards and task forces, and more. The fact is - teachers are all tired at this time of year. I, for the time being, am out of stuff. My philosophical edge is a little dull at this point of the year.

Realistically, I still have a little way to go. We still have a concerto concert to present on May 31 and my orchestra and soloists are nothing short of fantastic. The strings will be performing at our Annual Sr. Awards Ceremony in early June. And then, of course, there is commencement. We still have a ton of music to prepare and to perform. And we will. With joy and energy. After all, that is what we do.

But, if the blog is a little dull for the next few weeks, please be patient. I will get my mojo back. It just might take 2 or 3 weeks of summer, cycling, camping, family, and life outside of academia for me to get back into the philosophical groove. I am a little spent right now. Spent, but happy. It has been a great year. One that I will never forget. And, always, I am so psyched for the next one!!

Hang in there gang!!

Peace.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment