Friday, September 12, 2008

Tour to Tanglewood

Last weekend, 23 students and 8 faculty and parents participated in the Tour To Tanglewood MS Bike tour and had a great ride. Hurricane Hannah put a damper on the Saturday portion of the ride, so we just had one day on the bikes. Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day and eveyrone had a great ride. Most of our crew rode 50 miles in the rolling hills of the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area. A few of us opted for the 75 mile route.

On a personal note, I had a great ride. It was a great day. I felt fantastic through the first 60 miles. If I am totally honest, the last 15 was a little more work. It started to get hot about that time and my legs started to cramp a bit after our last rest-stop with 10 miles to go. I was glad to see the finish line.

This weekend, after Family Day on NCSSM on Saturday, I am heading to New Bern to ride in the 2nd day of their event and plan for another 75 miles. The New Bern ride is much easier be cause of the flat terrain. I can't wait to get there!

To all who are supporting my efforts with the MS society, thanks so much. It is important work and your support means so much!!

Thanks and ride safe!

Peace

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment