Monday, June 25, 2018

Perfectly tacky

This morning I was happy to have some time to head out to the mountain bike trails at Brumley Nature Preserve as I have been doing a great deal this summer. It is a warm morning and I was excited to get my ride in before it got too hot. I pulled into the parking lot and started getting my bike off the back of my car. A younger, female mountain bike rider came off the trails just about that time. She was fiddling around with her headphones and music in the parking lot and I went about my business. After a couple of minutes we made eye contact and I said, "How was your ride this morning"  A big smile came to her face and she replied, "It is a beautiful day today!  Perfectly tacky!"

After another minute she headed back onto the trails to continue her ride. I finished getting my equipment together and headed out as well. As I was enjoying the Solitude of the morning on the trails, I couldn't get that phrase out of my mind. Perfectly tacky. What a great way to approach a warm summer day. Within a mile or two, I had a good sweat going and I knew this was going to be a fun morning ride. I really didn't see another soul for the rest of the morning. I listened to the birds, did my best to avoid the scampering squirrels, and even saw a couple of deer. The forest is so beautiful in the morning.

I was really blessed this morning to be reminded  that it is  perfectly tacky. As you approach your day today, I hope that you, too, can see it as perfectly tacky. I will be heading into work today. I'm looking forward to meeting an artist from the Morganton area. He is coming to take a look at some of our Ceramics equipment that may be sent to the new Morganton Campus of NCSSM. Meanwhile, a morning on the trails is a great way to start the week.

Here's hoping that your day is perfectly tacky. Mine is already.

Peace.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment