Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Speak with Conviction

Hi all.
I have returned form the ASTA conference in Santa Clara and had a wonderful experience overall. But, as with many positive experiences, it contained a few bummers as well. I find myself being tested these days. It seems for every two steps forward, there is at least 1 step back. I guess that is how it goes in some seasons.

Today, a colleague shared this video with our Humanities Department Faculty. It is sort of a generational piece. but, I think it may speak to all of us in some way. It certainly spoke to me today. So, I thought I would share it.

May we all speak with conviction.

Peace.
Scott

Typography from Ronnie Bruce on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Laird,

    I apologize for my generation's inability to articulate.

    Sincerely,
    Timbi

    PS: Thanks for the laughs. I was, like, ROTFL, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note, Timbi!! Don't get me wrong. I think this is totally, like, my generation, kind of, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Translation: Thanks is the first step of love.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words fail me. This is too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well made and very clever video piece. I hate when I say something with a question tone myself.
    Unfortunately there are some people who speak with confidence that haven't a clue what they are on about. They could do with a question tone themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Steve. I think that it takes great discernment to know when to speak and when to listen. Personally, I know that I often speak too quickly when I should really listen and think first. We live in a society where everyone wants to get their say. My goal is to be a listener. I know I am not there yet.

    ReplyDelete